Greenough River Solar Farm, Western Australia
In 2011, IXL Solar was selected by First Solar on behalf of Verve Energy & GE Financial Services to manufacture and deliver the framing system for the Greenough River solar project. Located 50km south east of Geraldton, WA, this $200 million solar project was the largest of its kind in Australia at the time.
Full scale manufacture for the project commenced in March 2012. Roll formed rails were tooled and manufactured in Australia and cartridge components were imported from the United States.
IXL Solar built 18,540 cartridges in 3 months hitting a rate over 700 cartridges per day with two shifts.
This project was a clear demonstration of IXL’s capability and commitment to manufacture and deliver products to a large scale solar farm on time and within specification.
- Solar mounting system – fixed tilt ground mount
- Combined size – 13MW (DC)
- Output – 22,000MW hours per year
- Power supplied – enough power for more than 3,000 homes
- CO2 displacement – more than 20,000 tonnes per year (equivalent of taking more than 3,000 cars off the road)
- Solar panels supported – 150,000 First Solar PV thin film solar modules
- Steel supplied – more than 16,000 posts and brackets
- Ground covered – about 80 hectares